Computer Services Guide for Exchange Students
This guide presents the computer services available in the corporate data network. We hope you will find it useful.
1. E-Mail service
2. Computer rooms
Students may use the Campus computer rooms and the computer rooms in Faculties and Colleges, which operate on a self-service basis.
Te Campus computer rooms are located in:
- Campus of Araba: Las Nieves classroom Building
- Campus of Gipuzkoa: 3rd floor, IM Barriola Classroom Building, in Ibaeta/Donostia
- Campuz of Bizkaia: 1st floor, Central Library
You will need the username and the password which are provided to every student when they enroll in the University.
3. Wi-Fi Wireless Internet and corporate data network Access Service
All buildings have Wi-Fi service coverage areas, typically located in public access areas such as Hall, Cafeterias, Libraries, etc.
The Wi-Fi service is based on the eduroam (ssid: eduroam) international system, and it requires the use of an LDAP account (which is the same as your e-mail address username and password). You can access with your LDAP account and the initial password through the GAUR service (refer to point 1 in this guide).
Before using the Wi-Fi service you must install specific software in your computer. Depending on your computer Operative System you must follow one of the following guides that are posted on http://www.ehu.es/wifi. They will lead you through the process of downloading and installing the software required:
- For Windows users: Guia usuarios Windows
- For Macintosh users: Guia usuarios Mac
- For Linux users: Guia usuarios EHUX (Linux)
In order to complete the installation process, you will need your LDAP account username and the password.
For more information visit: http://www.ehu.es/wifi
4. Web surfing
Both the corporate data network and the Wi-Fi access network provide free Internet access.
5. User Service Center
For any problem or query regarding installation or configuration of these services, please refer to the University’s User Service Center – CAU-:
- 943.01.8007 (from Gipuzkoa)
- 946.01.2098 (from Bizkaia)
- 945.01.4400 (from Araba)