Program: you can now download the program of the workshop.
Publication: please visit the publication to see the list of contributions and downloadable files
MODELLING AUTONOMY WORKSHOP
WELCOME to the "Modelling Autonomy" workshop that will be held in Donostia - San Sebastiáan (Basque Country) during the 22nd and 23rd March 2007.
- The aim of the workshop is to bring together researchers from different areas (Cognitive Science, Complex Systems, Mathematics, Biology, Philosophy, etc.) to discuss issues around the modelling of autonomous systems (invited speakers include: Ezequiel Di Paolo, Barry McMullin, Takashi Ikegami, Anthony Chemero, Chrisanta Fernando, Niels Berthsinger, John Collier, Tom Ziemke, John Steward, etc...)
- To explores current trends on simulation models of autonomous systems with special focus on its implications for cognitive systems
- To evaluate modeling methodologies and current formalisms regarding the origin and development of autonomous systems
- To define a future research agenda for autonomous systems research on various levels of implementations: from life to cognition
- Peer reviewing and discussion of the BioSystems' Journal special issue on "Modeling Autonomy"