Deadline for Proposals for special sessions: 15 Jan 2014 /
Approval of special sessions: 15 Feb 2014
Special sessions are important scientific activities intended to supplement the plenary lectures at the First Joint International Meeting RSME-SCM-SEMA-SIMAI-UMI (FJIM 2014). The Organizing and Scientific Committees of the FJIM 2014 encourage members of the Italian and Spanish mathematical communities to get involved in the organization of special sessions.
The proposals should meet the following requirements:
1. Each session should have at least two organizers, one of them Italian and the other Spanish.
2. The time of each special session should not exceed eight hours, distributed in lectures of no more than 50 minutes each. Shorter sessions may also be considered in exceptional cases.
3. The sessions may include a debate.
Proposals for special sessions must be submitted to the Scientific Committee of the FJIM 2014 for review and approval. Approved special sessions will be listed on the website of the Meeting:
Those who plan to organize a special session should e-mail the following information to the Chair of the Scientific Committee, Professor Rosa María Miró-Roig at email@example.com by January 15, 2014:
* Name and affiliation of each organizer;
* A short CV (no more than 4 pages) of each organizer;
* E-mail address of the corresponding person;
* The title and a brief description of the session, including the (tentative) invited speakers.
The session should have a strong international projection and should therefore be well balanced with respect to participation of local and international specialists. Proposals featuring guest speakers who meet the following criteria, among others, may be considered as preferential in the review and approval process:
(i) gender diversity;
(ii) age bellow 40;
(iii) speakers from countries other than Italy and Spain.
Here is the programme structure of the Special Sessions: